Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
Claudia asked: Does this shoe fit true to size or is it a little larger or smaller fitting?
- Chen May: "Yes."
- Angela: "Fits true to size and very comfortable!"
- LaNell: "I love this shoe and the sizing was perfect!"
- Holly: "I did not receive the green "UMA" shoe because Naturalizer notified me it was no longer in stock in my size. I have tried on numerous occasions to order this shoe and had no success in terms of my size and width. I did purchase a tan pair from another catalog company and found them to be true to size for me. However, having a narrow foot, the "stretch" aspect was a plus for me. My disappointment is with Naturalizer not carrying narrow widths in all sizes. I have worn Naturalizer shoes and been exclusively purchasing their brand because of the Narrow widths. Lately, I have placed 3 separate orders to which were cancelled by Naturalizer due to lack of the narrow width being available. I wear a 7.5N and sometimes a Slim, and up until this year never had a problem getting shoes in my size. I have always found Naturalizer shoes to work well in terms of size, but i'm getting frustrated with finding a style I like and one that fits well, only to have the order cancelled by Naturalizer. I'm the customer that finds a shoe that fits well and then orders the same pair of shoes in every color. I wish I had that option with the Uma. I love the tan pair of Uma that I did purchase through another catalog company, but truly want the green, turquoise and black pair. Thus far, I have had no luck. I think it's a shoe that Claudia would find comfortable and "fitting", providing she can get her size. Sincerely, Holly W."
- L: "IMHO it's pretty true to size. I used to be closer to 8 1/2N but now I need 9N in Naturailzers.. Maybe thats just my gettiing older. I use one of those gel cushions at the heel and it fits perfectly. "
- Donna: "Hi, it runs small, and I have a high instep, and it did not fit that as well. The clerk in the Naturalizer store said a lot of people were unable to wear it. It looks like it should fit. How can my high instep not work with this shoe? But I stand by what I say."
- judith: "It does run true to size, but I have a foot that swells as the day goes on. I will say thought that my uma green shoe is my new "favorite thing".....I, also, bought the turquoise, but I find I am able to put the Uma with almost everything. It has been on three cruises with me and is about to head to New Orleans for a week. ... ..The shoe is a great style that looks stylish, but yet is comfortable. I have had so many compliments on my Uma shoes no matter if I am dressed up or if I have on jeans."
- Jennifer: "Yes it's true to size. I have a tiny foot and wear a 4 M. One foot is smaller than the other so one shoe is a little looser on my heel, but that is not the shoes fault. I love these shoes!"
- B Jean: "I always take a size 7 in a Naturalizer shoe and these fit like all the others -- perfectly. the only problem for me was that they seem to be cut a little higher IATA the back of the heel and I had to put heel pads in to prevent them from rubbing. I love them and get lots of complements on them. They match my green, turquoise and even bright blue crop pants. I love them."
- Ying: "It is fit true to size"
- Bridget: "Length-wise it is true to size. Width-wise it runs wide. I wear a 7 1/2 Narrow and have always depended on Naturalizer for Narrow shoes. In the past year or so it seems that their Narrows have gotten wider. The Uma is wearable, but I would have preferred it to be more Narrow than what it is."
- BETTY: "This shoe is very true to size and most of all very comfortable!"
- Lucia: "It runs true to size. I wear an 11W, I ordered an 11M and it fit snug for a few weeks until they were broken in."
- Maki: "Hi Caludia, There shoes are true to size. I usually wear 6.5 and I got 6.5 fits my feet perfectly. They are very soft and fit like a skin! Very comfortable."
- Shveta: "it fits true to size. Its quite comfortable for me."
Ann asked: Does this shoe offer any arch support?
- Melissa B: "The sole does not have extra padding under the arch area, but the sole in it's entirity is thicker than most ballet flats. In other words, it does not easily bend in half. "
- B: "Everything is relative. I have very VERY high arches, so it's hard for me to find shoes that provide ample arch support. That being said, these shoes offer enough cushion to grant the illusion of sufficient arch support. They are extremely comfortable, but given my high arches, I don't plan on being on my feet in them for more than 2 hours at a time. I imagine a person with lower arches or flat feet would benefit from the built in arch cushion, but if you have a high arch like me, don't wear them for a day at Disney Land."
- Karen: "I order the wrong size it was too big it seem like it had some support"
- Rachel: "The shoe does not have a huge amount of arch support. However, I have high arches and am able to comfortably wear these all day at the work including the 10 minute walk to and from the office. These are in no way a "walking shoe", but very comfortable despite the lack of arch support. Hope that helps."