Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
- Sheryl: "Wide shaft"
George asked: I'm trying to get a pair of boots like these as a present for my wife - she commented on like a pair she saw recently. I could use some help with the fit. She wears a size 4.5, but she has thin calves. Will she rattle around inside these? Will that be uncomfortable? Easily solved with a thicker sock? Many thanks for the guidance!
- Kevin: "If she has thin calves, the shaft on this boot will be too wide. It is a very comfortable boot that seems durable so far. Naturalizer also makes the Juletta boot with a standard, narrower shaft. It sounds like those would work better for your wife. They seem to still have that boot in stock in 4.5."
- Lenese: "If she has thin calves get the regular sized shaft. The wide shaft would have her rattling around unless she wears thick socks and wide legged jeans(folded a million times) give her the option to change up and wear leggings or a dress or something. I hope that helps"
- Michelle: "Hi, George, I got the size 5.5 wide shaft and the circumference is about 14 9/16". The regular shaft size 4.5 Julietta is about 13 6/16" according to Naturalizer's Boot Measurement chart. You would probably want to get the regular shaft for her. Best bet is to measure her calf first with a flexible tape measure and also figure out what is the desired max calf size she would like. I got a pair of wide shaft a year ago from Naturalizer but the circumference was too big. It looks funny even with a pair of jeans in there. Needless to say I didn't wear it very often. The Julietta should be a snug or fitting look boot instead of loose. The best thing to do is of course to try them in the store first if you can instead of ordering online. Hope this helps."
- Cindy: "George, I love these Juletta boots. They are very comfortable and I usually wear a medium to thick sock with them. They are true to size so if she has thin calves, why not get the regular ( not the wide shaft). I bought them back in November and I've worn them at least 50 times since then. Cindy"
- Lee ann: "I have thin calves as well....I ordered the wide shaft because I measured with a tape measure and thought I was ordering the size right on. I didn't realize there was also elastic on the shaft that could have accommodated if they were too snug. So I was a little worried when I opened up the box and tried them on. Much to my surprise, though they did fit a little loose, they didn't 'rattle around' at all. in fact, I just tightened up that buckle up top and they were fine. BTW, I get complimented almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I wear these....I highly recommend them."
Jane asked: Will you restock these boots in a size 71/2 with the wide shaft or is this the only product left that you are selling?
- Emily (staff): "Hello, The sizes shown in the "Select available size and width" drop-down menu are the sizes currently available to order. If a particular size or color is not shown, it is either sold out or not offered. We update our website several times every day and sometimes items sell out fast. However, we cannot offer back orders. Please check back with our website within 2-3 weeks, or see if the item is available at a store near you, by using our store locator: http://www.naturalizer.com/Community/storelocator.aspx Thank you, Naturalizer.com"
sue asked: the description doesn't state how wide they are. what is the shaft circumference?
- patty: "17 and onehalf inches"
- Esperanza: "The shaft is wide enough to fit my 19 1/2 " calf. The boots are very comfortable. I also bought them in brown."
- sheila: "Not sure. I have returned mine because in a size 4.5 it laked about an inch from closing. I am 5ft tall and have a bit of a chubby leg. I think the calf width of shaft must be smaller with the smaller foot size. I wanted to keep them, but would not zip up. "
- Bette: "They are a bit tighter than the other wide shaft boots I have ordered in the past 3 years, so you may want to try on in the store. I love them and they were comfy on first wearing. You would never know they are wide shaft boots."
- Tima: "The shaft circumference of the wide shaft boot is 17". My calves are a little large and i was able to zip them. Plus the small elastic section gives a little extra room. The foot runs true to size but if you double up your socks in the winter, you may want to go up a half size. It's a very nice boot; however, I wish there was a little more arch support."
- Carmen: "Not wide enough in my case. I still need another inch."
- Jayne: "I do not know the circumference. I actually returned the boots because the foot size was too big. I consider myself to have normal size legs (not skinny) and the shaft was fine."
Roz asked: how wide is the shaft on the boot? My calf are 171/2 inches.
- Emily (staff): "Hi Roz, The shaft height and circumference will vary depending on which size you wear. Here are several examples: Juletta Wide Calf Size 7 shaft height measures 15 1/2" circumference is 15 1/8" Size 8 shaft height measures 15 3/4" circumference is 15 1/2" Size 9 shaft height measures 16" circumference is 15 7/8" Size 10 shaft height measures 16 1/4" circumference is 16 1/4" Size 11 shaft height measures 16 1/2" circumference is 16 5/8" The Juletta also features buckle straps at the ankle and shaft and elastic gored panels at the rear, which would increase the circumference. Thank you, Emily"