Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
- MATTIE: ""LOW HEEL & VERY COMFORTABLE"
- T: "LOVE BLACK BOOTS. THESE ARE GREAT"
Susan asked: Do you have to treat these boots with a leather cleaner and are they waterproof? Can you wear them in the snow?
- Debbie: "Hi Susan, I live in a very rainy climate and do wear these boots a lot in the rain. I have never treated them with a leather cleaner so they do seem to be waterproof. Personally, I probably wouldn't wear them in the snow, but I haven't had an opportunity to either. I love the versatility of these boots! I wear them with dresses, skirts, skinny jeans and leggings. I get compliments every time I wear them! Enjoy! You won't be disappointed! "
- Sharon: "No I don't treat my boots with anything. IF they get dirty just wipe them off. I have them in Black and Brown. Most comfortable boots ever owned, even better than a 500. Italian boots. You will not be sorry."
- jennifer: "I LOVE these boots! I do treat them with a leather cleaner. They do not do well in the snow. I wear them to and from work but try to keep them dry! I have them in brown and black!"
- Tola: "Not waterproof. Suggest you not wear them in the snow. Not real leather either, but they sure look like it. Mine are holding up very well and look great."
- Kimbra: "The boots were a gift for my sister. She had to return the boots because they were a poor fit. Sorry that I can't be of help, Good luck!"
- Laura: "You don't have to treat the leather. I would not consider them water proof, and would not depend on them for the snow. I would say this is more of a city fashion boot, not for rugged work or play. I do get lots of compliments on them and they are comfortable."
mary asked: what is the shaft on this boot?
- Hillary (staff): "Hi Mary, The shaft height measures 12 1/2", and the circumference measure 15". Product measurements were taken using size 8.5, width M (B). Please note that measurements may vary by size. Thank you, Hillary"
- Ladonna: "The shaft is wide (which is exactly what I wanted). I do not remember if they were advertised as such. The leather is nice and the fit is comfortable."
- Sarah: "I have average to skinny calves & these boots fit perfect. There is a zipper on the outside that will unzip to make the shaft larger."
- Camille: "I wear a size 7. Height of boot is 12" from heel to top, widest part of boot shaft is 14""
sarah asked: IS THE FAUX LEATHER TOO STIFF TO SLOUCH SOME?
- trisha: "I'm not really sure what you mean by slouch "some", they don't really slouch except by the ankles a tiny bit (probably from wearing in the leather). they pretty much look like the picture."
- T: "Yes, it's too stiff to slouch."
- Rachel: "Yes, I'd say it's too stiff. Mine hold their shape and don't slouch at all."
- Sara: "It does relax some with wear - but I wouldn't really qualify them as slouchy."
- COLETTE: "Yes, not good for slouching."
- D: "Yes, the material is stiff and will not slouch, even if you tried."
Wendy asked: What is the diameter of the shaft of the boot at the top? My calves are very small - if the top shaft diameter is 14" or larger there will be too much space between the boot and my leg.
- Sandy: "Diameter measures 6 1/4" inches, circumference should be about 12 1/2," I love these boots, they're stylish and comfortable. They should be just fine."
- M: "They are 14" in diameter. My calves are very small too but I still find them comfortable."
- Becky: "My calves are 11.5 inches and I am very happy with the boots with skinny jeans tucked in. Hope this helps. I'm away from home and don't have boots with me to measure. "
- Jessica: "It's about 17 centimeters. I don't have particularly large calves, and have about a finger and a half of room between my leg and the boot. They are very comfortable and cute!"
B asked: Trying to find out if the wide is based on the toe box or the calf area...I'm having a difficult time finding boots because toe box is too narrow in most boots for me?
- Laura: "Toe box."
- B: "Thanks so much I've tried reg 7 and they were tight. Didn't know if they would stretch thats why I was hoping for a wide. Love the boots so maybe I will try them again. Thanks for your help!"
- Sarah: "I have a very narrow foot. I have the 10M and they fit me perfect, the tow box is probably a little roomy for my foot. Not sure this will help in your decision. I really like these boots, they are very comfortable."
- Camille: "Wide is based on the calf opening. I have the same problem with narrow toe box, this boot does not have a narrow toe box so hopefully you will find it comfortable the way I did. "
Monica asked: Is the shaft a stretch material or will it stand on it's own?
- M: "It stands on its own. I love this boots; very comfy."
- eleanor: "It will stand on its own. I get a lot of compliments on these boots. Also very comfortable"
- JoAnn H: "This was a gift and recipient has expressed satisfaction with the boot."
- Maria: "It stands on its own. "
- Julie: "The material is fairly thick and stiff and is more robust than other boots that I own. The inside has very soft material and these boots are extremely comfortable. It appears these boots are hearty and will last longer than other "softer" or "stretchier" boots I have. Highly recommend the balada boots!"
- Julie: "It will stand on its own."
- Cindi: "I would love to help but I returned the boot because the toe box was too tight for my feet. However, I would not have purchased a boot with stretch fabric. "
- Beth: "The shaft stands on it's own. I love my boots, very comfortable and true to size."
- Julie: "I've had these for a year, and I haven't noticed any stretching. Fit is the same as it was the day the arrived."
- Becky: "It will stand on it's own. I am very happy with these boots"
- Suzanne: "I retuned the shoes."
- Shalini: "Actually, I have the Britain! Love those."
- Shalini: "Shaft stands on its own. Love these boots! Have in the distressed color."
Linda asked: I wear a 4-1/2 in shoe but have a wide foot. Are these boots narrow. I can fit into a 35 shoe. What size do you recommend?
- Cynthia: "They run pretty narrow. I can usually wear any wide shoe but I could hardly get my feet into this one. Their wide is C when I think most wides are D."
- L: "I do not find these boots narrow. I wear the same size in these boots that I do in shoes and generally where an extra pair of socks as the boots are roomy."
- Regina: "I originally ordered these for myself in my regular size. However, they were too wide for me so my daughter, who does have a wide foot, inherited them. She loves these boots!"
- sharon: "Hello! Unfortunately I never purchased these boots and don't know why this question came to me. Good luck getting an answer, and sorry I couldn't help."
Diana asked: what is the shaft height?
- Andrea: "Hi, it seems that the shaft of these boots vary by foot size. The pair I own has a shaft of about 11.6 inches (size 5.5). Naturalizer actually has a boot measurement chart, click on this link and find "Balada." It seems to be pretty accurate!"
- trisha: "It's about 11". When I wear this boot it goes to about the middle of my calf. I love these boots - hope you do too should you decide to get them. :)"
- Carolyn: "I'm not sure what you mean by shaft height, but I can tell you that these boots are super comfy! I am a runner and wear almost all flat shoes/boots. If I wear shoes that are not flat, they are at least wedges. They are a low heeled boot that feels like a flat. I love them - I have them in brown and black!!"
- gerson: "About 16 inches "
- Brittany (staff): "Hello Diana, If you go to the boots product page and select boot measurements here you will be able to select the name of the boot and your size so you can get measurements for your specific size since it does vary. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks, Brittany"
Kym asked: How tall are these boots?
- Allyson: "They are mid calf boots, about a 14 inch shaft. They are not knee high, unfortunately."
- Ladonna: "I actually bought these for my daughter who is 5'2". The boots fit right under her knee. She is short so it may be lower on you if you are tall. She also has thick leg so many boots are not able to get over her calves. This was not a problem with these boots."
Ada asked: I have a ca;f measurement of 17" with a length of 12" since I am short. Will this boot work? If not, what boot will fit my requirements. I also need a low heel.
- Brittany (staff): "Hello Ada,If you go to the product page of the boot and click on boot measurements it will give you a list of all the boot measurements. Select Balada and find your size and here you will find the boot measurements for your specific size. Please let me know if you have additional questions.Thanks,Brittany"
B asked: Are these boots good for large calf?
- nokwanda: "Yes i never thought they will fit my big calf. they fit very well and im so happy i bought this set. im looking to buy another color."
- Maria: "Regular boots tend to fit me super tight on the calves to the point where I can barely zip them up, but feel a bit uncomfortable. These boots were perfect for me! for the first time they are not tight at all. Now, if calves are too large, you may want the wider ones."
- martina d: "Yes, absolutely. Very comfortable, fits perfect for larger calves. I just love them and also cool looking! Highly recommended."
- Rosa: "Yes they very comfortables and nice looking too"
- Debra: "I honestly don't know. I ordered them for my daughter who has an average sized calf, but she returned them without even trying them. Not her style."
- Lola: "I returned these boots to the local store. They do not have a full zipper, and I could not easlily get them on."
- Colleen: "Mine are 12 and a half inches, and they fit fine."
- JoAnn H: "Wrong size was sent and correct size was not available for exchange. Sorry I cannot be more helpful."
- Julie: "Yes they are"
- Jennifer: "No. I was really disappointed I had to return them. "