Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
lar asked: I bought and just received these and am confused, but your write-up doesn't offer an explanation- are these supposed to be suede on the sides? The toe top and back are shiny (easy to polish) blue leather. But the sides and top arch area are suede which is hard to keep clean. Was that an error in construction? thank you.
- D: "I honestly hadn't noticed until I received your inquiry (shows how much I polish my shoes). The leather definitely looks different (duller), but it isn't suede (at least on mine)."
- VERA: "I HAVE THESE SHOES AND WEAR THEM OFTEN.I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE AT ALL WITH THEM.THEY GO WITH A LOT OF MY OUTFITS.DARK INKY NAVY. SUEDE ON SIDES AND LEATHER ..I LOVE THESE SHOES AND THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE.IALSO HAVE A MOONSTONE PAIR THAT ARE LEATHER NO SUEDE."
- Cynthia: "My pair are made the same, I don't think it's an error. I use a wet cloth to wipe the sides. These are extremely comfortable shoes. I really like them."
- lar: "I already owned the dark brown pair and also ordered the cream pair. Neither has this weird mix of textures. I just wish the blue description had noted this. I am rough on shoes but I guess the suede sides will be OK."
- Becky: "that is how they are made. I have had mine for over 1 year and no problems with cleaning. I love them, very true to size and comfortable."
- Christine: "Because of the way the soles come up around the sides, back and front, I have never had to actually polish the shoes. I've treated them more like waxed leather and just buffed the toes and backs with a soft cloth. I do like the subtle difference in texture and really haven't worried about them. So far, they have held up very well. If the dull areas that you refer to as suede do got scuffed, I think that I'll try one of my rubbery looking suede eraser blocks, but NOT a brush as my shoes don't have any true nap."
Roxanne asked: i have a wide toe box and narrow heel-hard to buy shoes. Would these shoes fit me?, or would my heel slip out of the back of the shoe. So would like to find a nice casual pair of navy shoes for church on Sunday.
- Cathe: "I have a narrow foot and the narrow was loose on the heel and felt too wide on the toe box. It might work well for you."
- Amy: "I have a narrower heel on my left than on my right and had to put one of those heel guards in, but after I did that, they fit great."
- Janet: "I did not buy this shoe nor do I have it now. For Roxanne's problem, I suggest buying shoes with strap across instep, like 2 naturalizer samdals I do have in black and also in white with N5 insole. Strap hold foot well when toebox must be roomy, as is my case."
- Becky: "These will work great. I have a narrow heel also. I do wear socks with these as I wear them mostly in the fall, winter and spring."
- Gayle: "Hi Roxanne, I returned those shoes because they seemed a little short which put my toes right up against the leather also it is high on the heel and rubbed me too much"
- Natalie: "Hi, I have a narrow foot with a narrower heel. I could not wear these shoes, had to return them. The heel was not narrow."
- Pat: "I think these shoes would work just fine for church. They have a roll of extra padding built into the upper part of the heel which helps prevent slipping. Be sure to order your exact size as they are almost too short. Mine are snug with socks. Enjoy."
- Margaret: "I usually wear a narrow width but I ordered this pair in medium because I planned to wear socks with them. With socks on I have not had any issues with the heel slipping and the toe box seems roomy enough for me. However, since nothing about my foot is "wide," I am not sure my fit is the best gauge for you! good luck!"
- Janet: "I, too, have a wide toe box and a narrow heel. I bought these shoes specifically because of my problem and so far they have really worked out well for me--I bought mine in a medium width rather than narrow. Hope this helps."
- priscilla: "Hi Roxanne. My feet are wide with a bunion on the right one. I purchased these in wide and have found them to be very comfortable in bare feet and with a light sock. I found no problem with the heel. I am happy with this purchase. Hope this helps you."
- Dennis: "Hi Roxanne. I loved the inky navy ones so much I just went back and purchased the black ones too. My foot however, is more of a medium size and it fits me perfectly. I'm not sure about the narrow heel. If you do make the purchase, you could always add a heel grip. Perhaps that would help. Good luck."
- Kathleen: "Hi Roxanne, These shoes fit me perfectly and I love them, but my foot is pretty uniform in shape and an 8W almost always fits me perfectly - in fact, I would like to get them in another color. I can say that, although it looks like a pointy toe, it is not tight on me and very comfortable. I'm not sure what to tell you about the heel other than that I have no problem with it and do not slip out of the back. I hope this is of some help to you."