Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
Mary asked: Do they run large or small? The measurement says size 9, but I am usually an 8.5
- Pat: "The boot itself runs true to size - I wear an 8 shoe but an 8.5 boot to allow for heavier socks and I had enough room in the 8.5 size that I ordered. However I had to send it back as the calf area ran snug for me. I think it would have been better had the zipper gone all the way up as this was the first time I tried a boot with a half zipper. It is a well made great looking boot however so I would recommend it."
- Elis: "Yes they do, they are very narrow! I need to return mine!"
- Judith: "They run pretty true to size. I'm a 9, and the 9s fit just right."
- Kristin: "The boots are pretty true to size. But if you have trouble getting boots over your calf I would go with the 9. If not the 8.5 should be ok in my opinion. Hope this helps. "
- Linda: "I usually wear a 7.5 and ordered a 7.5. They run a little large, I was able to put a pair of powersteps in them because I had the room. The toe is roomy too. I do love these boots."
- preeti: "Mary my size is a 6 and I purchased a 6 and they fit just fine."
- Farah: "Then I would get it in 8.5. They are perfectly sized but if you want a little room (in case you wear a thicker socks) 1/2 inch wont matter that much. "
- Linda: "i wear an 8-8.5. i wear THICK socks and they are good."
- Donna: "I bought mine to wear with socks. I normally wear 5.5 and the 6 is perfect with socks. So they seem true to size. "
- Izabelle: "They are pretty true to size. I usually wear a size 8.5 and bought these in an 8.5 and they fit perfectly."
erma asked: Is this boot rain and or snow worthy?
- Denyse: "Honestly, they were very warm but neither the leather nor the heal of the boot stand up to the weather - which was both rain and snow. I had to ship them back for a refund."
- Lola: "Yes, absolutely. The tread is there, the soft lining is warm. That's why I bought it."
- barbara: "Yes, it is rain and snow worthy.I bought these boots in black and I'm thinking of ordering them in brown."
- CATHY: "yes rain, snow"
- Cheryl: "I wear the Phoebe boots on snowy days. I am not sure about wearing them during a heavy rain...I wouldn't want the fur to get wet. You can pull the leather sides up all the way so the fur is not exposed"
- Maile: "Yes it's good for rain or snow"
- Margaret: "I live in Northern New Mexico in a ski area. I find these boots to work quite well and are very fashionable. I get many compliments. I wear them around town and to the ski area before changing into my ski boots. I walk through the snow and over frozen ground and my feet remain warm and dry, "
- kay: "Yes, but I would still water proof them just for extra protection however I would not walk in deep water just rain."
- Cheryl: "They are definitely water resistant. Not sure you could wade through deep water in them or play in deep snow for a long period in them."
- Chun lei: "Dear Erma, I have been wore this boots everyday, I am enjoy the boots very much! So far, New York city did not have much rain or snow this winter, but I beleive the boots will protect my feet when bad wheather comes."
- Millie: "I have just gotten it and worn them on the very cold day, not in snow yet. It feels comfortable with the lining. However, it has a tag saying "weather resistant footwear", moisture repellent and breathability. Let us face it , it is not rubber."
- NaShieka: "Tried these out in the snow for the first time earlier this week. Worked out really well. Feet stayed completely dry, toes were warm, and I could drive in them. Highly recommend!"