Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
- Peggy: "I like sandals."
- M: "they look comfortable but the stitching hurts the foot not comfortable at all"
- Ellen: "same as above"
Joanne asked: I ordered these in two widths. The way the straps are sewn seems to narrow them down a little and the padding where they are sewn seems as though it might rub my foot. Just don't know whether to keep them or not. Did anyone else have this rubbing issue and did it ease up as they "broke in"?
- Yolanda: "I have no problem, buy 2 pairs in different colors, and I'm very comfortable with them."
- perla: "i returned mine they were too narrow from the front."
- I: "I thought the front part of the shoe looked narrow also, but my foot slipped in very comfortable. On my first use I did notice the back inside of my foot did rub a little, just below my ankle. I have worn them a couple more times and have not noticed any discomfort. I hope this helps."
- Elana: "I returned the Martha shoes after I bought them because they felt too narrow even in the wide size. Unfortunately, this seems to be the common trend in Naturalizer shoes as of late. In any other brand, I am a 9M but in Naturalizer, even the 9W are too small. This is about the fifth pair of shoes I have had to return in the past year. So sad!"
- Paula: "I did have a rubbing issue, but the shoe fit in every other way. I took it to a cobbler and had it stretched and now it's fine. I wore the shoes quite a few times before I took them to my shoe guy. I hate breaking in shoes and often take shoes to have them stretched to save my feet the wear and tear. I hope this helps"
- Melissa: "I am unable to wear these shoes for the very reason you mentioned."
- Rina: "I couldn't get my foot in this shoe. Definitely not wide enough. I bought the lael in two colors and that worked awesome versus Martha."
- Char lotte: "I always buy an 8 1/2 B from Natualizer which I did with these shoes. There is no rubbing or anything. In fact, the first time I wore them it was all day with a lot of walking and on my feet. No problem. They are very comfortable."
- Anna: "I had exactly the same issue. I don't think breaking them in will help because the issue is the location of where the straps are sewn. Even if the straps stretch, the placement of them will not change. I should have returned them but never got around to it."
- Julie: "They seemed a bit tight when I first put them on, but after a few hours felt great. They will stretch and my fear would be the wider would be sloppy after awhile"
- Toni: "I have not had a rubbing issue, in fact, I wear them all day at work and they are comfortable."
- Mikhail: "Hi Joanne, I got size 8.5M,and I found it to be a bit too narrow. I have not worn it good yet because I am still contemplating whether or not I am going to keep it. I really like the style. I do believe however if worn out a bit it will stretch. If you do keep it I would definitely go with the wide. hope it helps."
Martha asked: how do you use the foot sizing chart for size of shoe?
- Suzanne: "I wear a regular width 8.5, but I always order an 8.5 wide width from Naturalizer. They always seem to run narrow. The best thing to do is go to a store and try on several different pairs of Naturalizers, even if you don't plan on buying them in store. That way you'll know what to order."
- Toni: "I wear an 8.5 and with a wide width, Naturalizer shoes fit me nicely."
- eileen: "I bought the exact shoe size I buy in all my shoes. They fit perfectly!"
- Fara R: "Those shoes are very comfortable, but I personally think they run 1/2 size smaller. I use a 5-1/2 or 6 and I had to return the 5-1/2 and the 6 are still slightly smaller, but not enough to get a 6-1/2. You should try them on at the store. I bought them in the internet and had to go to the store to change them,"
- Linda: "I usually order a regular width 9.5 shoe from Naturalizer. However, this Martha sandal is very narrow. I have the wide now and it is still quite snug. I like the style and am wearing the shoe, but the wide is still a bit too narrow and pinches a bit. It is better when Naturalizer has consistent width across all styles of shoes."
- Georgi: "I must admit...unless there is a note like 'runs narrow ' I just order my size and roll with it - I have rarely had a problem with some being too narrow (one pari of dansko sandals one time) I know the size of my feet from shopping at stores, granted each shoe has its own personality, but one of the reasons I shop naturalizer is that I get better consistency and prettier shoes (size 11 doesnt usually walk out of the dept stores unless it looks like my grandmas orthotics)"
- Char lotte: "I know that I wear an 81/2 B in all Naturalizer shoes, so that is what I ordered and the shoes fit."