Naturalizer asked: Why did you choose this?
- YOLANDA: "They looked comfortable and I like the color"
- MARTHA: "Color and very confortable"
- Elizabeth M.: "I like this color as it appears to be different from a basis brown."
- Lyn: "look comfortable with a heel"
Michele asked: The description says "either leather or manmade upper." Huh? They're either leather, or they're not. Anybody have an answer? Thanks.
- F: "The sandals went to my mom but I'm pretty sure they are leather."
- Michele: "Thanks for the answer. I don't know why on earth they'd say, "Hey, take your chances and hope for leather," but maybe they figure we won't ask?! Thanks again."
- Debra: "Michele G, I believe the Nickel portion is manmade - the inner-strap portion, underneath the Nickel is leather. I hope this helped. I purchased a brown pair two years ago - they were ALL leather. I returned the Nickel pair because they weren't as soft against my skin as the brown pair."
- Michele: "I appreciate the fast response! Thanks."
- O: "Mine says leather upper and I believe it is. I like them."
- J: "I am currently wearing the black leather Tanner shoes. The label on them says they are both leather and manmade. The leather part is the upper (the part that's on top of your foot) and the manmade part is the bottom (the part that's on the bottom of your foot). So they are a combination of both. Hope this helps!"
- K: "I have these shoes in tan color and on the inside of the strap over the instep it says "leather upper." It looks like you're looking at a different color, maybe the nickel isn't leather. Hope this clarifies for you."
Mary asked: I always wear Easy Spirit but am looking for other ideas. (1) My size is 9.5 WW. I can get the Tanner in 9 WW or 9.5 W. Do they run a little wide or a little long? (2) I want to be able to wear these with khaki/light tan colored pants. I thought about the caravan sand color, but it's hard to tell if they are too yellow. Is the Nickel Alloy too shimmery? I wear much more black than brown, but the brown is probably much more versatile. Thoughts on color?
- Anne: "Mary,I bought these shoes in the nickel alloy color and it is a neutral color which is good with almost any color - more so than the darker brown is. They are great with tan and I'm sure with brown, or even black. I can only tell you that fit in the size 5 that I wear is a great fit. They do not run wide ( a good thing for me) and the length is perfect - much better thant the extra length that I have been getting for a size 5. Hope this is helpful for you. Anne"
- Eileen: "Unfortunately I had to return the shoes because the cut of the straps were too close to the front. My little toe hit the strap's edge and stuck out thru the opening. It became hurtful. The left shoe fit okay and the shoe felt very comfortable. I love the color and style and was sad to have to return them. Not too shimmery and actually seemed very neutral so that you could wear them with any color, including brown. Good luck!"
- Pamela: "I like the nickel alloy. It is not too shimmery., but it does make it a little dressier if you want to wear them out to eat at night, etc. I like that option. It goes well khaki or tan. The 10 medium I ordered is alittle wide for me. You might want to try the w first. These are very comfortable. I have also worn easy spirit and these feel a lot like that brand. I haven't seen the black or sand color. I had a pair of sandals several years ago the same color as the nickel and I wore them with a lot of colors during the summer. Hope this helps you out!"
- Mamta: "I found that they are wide and stretch a lot. I wear 9w. These are my fav and I will purchase 9m next time. The length is perfect. This color is perfect n neutral. "
- Cynthia: "I wear an 8M and they run true to size and are super comfortable. The nickel alloy is an excellent neutral!"
- Sharon: "The Nickel Leather is perfect for any color of clothing one wears. My favorite pairing is with my denim capris; you can use them for dress as well as for casual. As for comfort -- they are my favorite walking shoe; my feet don't tire, burn, ache, etc --they went with me everywhere in Tennessee!"
- Katherine: "I have the nickle alloy and I love the color it goesw with everthing also I am very hard to fit because I have a narrow foot but 7.5 N fits me perfect and I love Naturalizer shoes I have about 6 pairs."
- Susan: "I found them to be so pretty, I really hoped they would fit, but my foot is a true WW. The straps were not wide enough around the ball area of my foot, though the length seemed just right."
- Renee: "I would say they are true to size. I wear 9M and my mother 10M. They are perfect! Also remember they are leather so if they get wet they will stretch. I recommend Tanner to anyone who wants to walk in comfort. I plan to get them in Ivory and Black. The Nickel Alloy is fine to dress up or down. I hope this helps!"
- Susan: "Unfortunately I have not yet received them. The post office lost them and are still researching where they might be. Sorry I can't help you with the sizing or color info you are looking for."
- Joyce: " I love these shoes. I have neuropathy in my feet and these feel pretty good most of the time. They are true to size (for me 8.5 W). They are not too shiny -- just a nice smooth finish. The color seems to blend with browns, greys and blacks. I also have the same shoes in brown. I have a lot of naturalizers and like them all."
- Lora: "They are a perfect taupe like color, just a bit more metallic, but not too shimmery. They run true to size. I wear 5 1/5 or 6 medium and they seem just right. They are leather, so bear in mind that they might stretch a bit if you wear them often."
- chau: "I love these sandals. They are very comfortable . I had injured my ankle last year and had to go for 1"' heels . But these are the best walking shoes for me now if I want to dress up a bit. The size is right. The nickel color is very versatile if you only want one color for all. They do not look shimmery But I will get a brown because I like the fit. The sand is too light for me"
Diane asked: I think of nickel as a color on the silver/gray spectrum. Do these shoes appear at all silver or grayish?
- Livia: "Yes. Surprisingly, they do. The color kind of in-between, which makes it go with many clothes."
- Donna: "The color is subtle. I bought them for the gray color and was worried they would be too flat gray or too shiny but they are not."
- Susan B: "No they are more like a smokey bronze. I was hoping they would be more sivery/gray also to go with lavenders and purples, and I was disappointed. The color is actuallly similar to this picture but the name is misleading."
- Mary B.: "To me, no. More of a shiny taupe with a golden tone (not yellow gold) but a shade that looks great with any colors in the brown, taupe, cream, khaki colors. Does not work with greys. Very versitle color. "
- Janet: "They are more of a tan color. Khaki I would not say they are grey or silver"
- Mamta: "Sorry just to add to my reply it's a dull grey with silve n light gold shine. Goes with everything."
- Gerlinde: "No, they don't appear silver or grayish."
- SHERRILL RIGOT: "Diane, I was hesitant about the color as I was not sure what it would actually look like. It is definitely not silver or grayish. It is more of a light brownish-copper color. I think you would like it as it is a very versatile color. Enjoy!!"
- chau: "iT IS GREYISH AND CAN GO WITH ANY COLORS AND OCCASIONS. i WEAR THEM WITH SKIRTS AND SLACKS. oNE PAIR FITS ALL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ROOM IN YOUR SUITCASE FOR TRAVELS"
- Lora: "They appear just as pictured: a rich shiny greyish taupe. They do not appear silver at all. Very comfortable and a perfect color for almost everything."
- Mamta: "They are between a silver and a light gold . Very comfy and one of my fav."
- Elaine: "The color IS unusual. In certain light, it appears like the color of an old tarnished nickel, with a soft patina; in other light it definitely reveals smooth mossy-gold undertones. Not loud or bold; more of an antiqued color. Make any sense?"
- Sharon: "I have these shoes; they are definitely not a silver/gray color -- although they can be paired up with black capris/skirt/slacks and they look fine."
- MAHUA: "More greyish with a silver tone."
- Ana: "No, they are more of a subdued golden/ copper tone. Definetely not on the silver side."
Stephanie asked: I have a pretty narrow foot, does anyone know how narrow this runs?
- J: "I purchased another color, but I assume the fit would be the same. I ordered a medium width which is loose on my foot. I have ordered 8.5 M for several years, however, they seem to be a little wider and in other styles my heel is very loose. The size seems to have changed. I do not have a narrow foot."
- Donald W: "My foot is medium width, but the back of my ankle is thin. Shoe fits well in toe box area; a little loose in ankle area. A narrow foot may do well although I am not sure about the ankle strap area."
- Christine: "My foot is wide and therefore ordered this show in a wide width. they fit great and are very comfortable. However, I am sorry I can't help you out with the narrow part"
- Peggy: "been too cold in Colorado to wear my new sandals yet!"
- Patricia: "I have a triple AAA foot, and it works well."
- Beverly: "The medium runs along the same width as their other styles of shoes so if it's narrow in the majority of their styles I would suggest a narrow width."
elizabeth asked: how much this shoes weigh?
- Maud: "About the same as other recent sandels from Naturalizer. Does not have a heavy sole. They are REALLY comfortable. I recommend highly."
- Doris: "This shoe is very light (probably under a pound). The straps are soft and comfortable. I think you'll really enjoy this shoe."
- Clare: "I'm not sure the exact weight, but the shoes feel very light over all - the sole isn't heavy at all"
- Barbara S: "These shoes weigh less than a pound....14.6 ounces to be exact for the pair. Hope this helps you."